4.05.2007

Funny How Things Change: Update

(I'll spare everyone my grandiose "coming to Jesus" blog entry. I have some things to say, so I'm back. And I'll write/talk 'til I get tired...end of story.)

Onto more interesting things...

So I just read my May 06 "Funny How Things Change" entry. Remember how I said I wasnt reaching out to him on my own volition? I have held true to that...mostly. I ran into his mom at church over the holiday break, and of course I always ask about his sister (and she always volunteers the information about him). So towards the end of our brief chat, she tells me that she really wants us to talk. She takes my number (again) and promises to pass it on. But this time, I kindly inform her that I've had the same number for the past 6 years, and obviously he has no interest in talking to me. He seems to be able to find me when he wants to not be my friend anymore, to trust and believe he has the number. She wont be deterred, takes my number anyway, and this time asks me to call him. Again, I look at her with this knowing look in my eye. I agree, knowing that if for some reason I am sent to voice mail, he will not call me back.

So I call...

No answer, so I hang up.

But then I felt a small pang of guilt for not leaving a message (maybe the phone was off, etc).

So I call back...a few minutes later and leave a message. It says something to the effect of your mom asked me to call as a Christmas gift to her (yes, she actually told me to tell him that), and that I hope all is well with him, and to give me a call. AND I even left my number (like he doesnt know it!).

I'm still waiting on my call back. Four months later...

We used to be better than that. The more things change, the more things... change.

xoxox

No comments: