11.17.2008

I'm trying, but I just dont get it

Last week I was accosted by Dani about (essentially) abandoning my regular blog in favor of my fab wedding one. Lo siento. I can't promise long and detailed prose, but I can promise to drop some fabulousness on you from time to time. Yes, I'm thrilled to be back.


I'm sorry B, but I have a pretty high tolerance for obscure/creative album titles. And maybe I'll understand it more once I hear the album (yes, I've already pre-orderd my copy from iTunes). I'm open to that. But right now...I just do not get it. Do you even get it? Is it going to be one of those things we look back on in 20 years ago and are like "what the hell was I thinking?" Idunno.

You know we've had our ups and downs over the years. I really do think you walked all over the Destiny's child. For a good reason? Debatable. No one doubts that you can sing...in fact sometimes you cram those runs down our throat. No one doubts you can shake your groove thing either. In a few words, you are really good at what you do. But do I have to call you Sasha?

So the point of tonight's post? I just wanted to see if anyone else was as confused about your album title choice as I was. Despite all my questions, I'm kind of excited about the album coming out, and despite having a "ring put on it" I ♥ when Single Ladies comes on the radio.

...all the single ladies...now put your hands up!


P.S. Kanye honey, if you are reading this, you are so not off the hook either. We can talk about you later.

2 comments:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Kanye totally deserves his own post....sigh....the music industry has been so hard hit money wise that I feel like even the classic artists are going all "artsy" to stand out.....hmm...I'm sure it'll pay off for Beyonce.

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Welcome back btw!