11.18.2008

Not dusk, Twilight


Ever so often, I completely cave to pop culture. This is one of those times. Honestly, I had never heard of the Twilight series before fairly recently. And right around the time I was starting to discover it, Krissi asked me if I had read them and then highly recommended I get on the bandwagon.

A week or two later, here I am. I've gone from skeptical compliance to peaked interest, with a brief detour in shock because for some reason I thought the movie was coming out next month, and now I'm placed firmly in the land where you try to read a book as fast as possible yet still absorb all the major themes AND delicious details. Gotta be able to support one of my favorite pastimes: making comparisons between the book and the motion picture adapted from the book. Seriously, I totally do that. Wanna know stuff they dont tell you in the movie because it would make the movie entirely too long? I'm your girl. I specialize in Harry Potter.

I'm running off now. I have work to do, and then Twilight to catch up on. The PHI has already offered to go see Twilight the movie (of course he doesnt care about not having read the book like me), and I'm going to graciously accept. After I finish the book of course.

No comments: