8.03.2005

Life: It is what it is, and it goes on...

Wow

Hi there, I just looked at my last post and realized that its been almost a month since my last update.

And what a month it has been.

First of all, I moved to my new place, which I absolutely love. And I love it even more now since I have a washer and dryer and my living room furniture. I even hung some items on the wall in the dining room and the living room. These 2 posters I got from Hobby Lobby are really cool...I dont think I get them all the way, but I like that I dont quite get them yet and meanwhile they are still really cool looking. I also hung David's pic, which I get and is really cool looking :)

Lets see, in addition to moving, I got a little inundated with school. My second class ended up being relatively reading intensive at first, and it was alot to have an article prepared (and read to the point you could explain it to someone else) every day. We ended up not meeting on Fridays (except for the first day) and talking about our own research and what we liked to call "Personal Development." I really enjoyed the course and could not have imagined taking an alternative course in this part of the summer. My Quant final is at noon, and I am looking forward to turning that in. Not really taking it, but turning it in. The sooner I do that I can get the hell out of town.

Im going back to Mobile today to visit William. And Im super excited. I havent seen him in 2 weeks and I miss him terribly. I dont know what were going to do when school starts and we wont be so flexible. Wait, I dont want to think about that now, we'll deal with that when the time comes.

But yeah, back to my Mobile trip. I am taking some reading with me that I need to do (or at least familarize myself with) and I threw some books in the car for the downtime. Were going to see John Legend at the house of Blues in New Orleans on the 10th, and were really really excited about that too.

Speaking of being excited, I need to get measured for my bridesmaid dress (separate thought...keep up). Maybe I will get to do that while I am in Mobile. I know I have been talking about doing it for a while now, but this last month has totally flown by..with the move and school and the wedding...and school...and just life in general. It is what it is. I cant get really worked up about it...that wont solve anything!

Lets see, lets see. Naima is moving to Atlanta (she got the job) and Dionne wants to come this way for graduate school. How fabulous would that be? Both Dionne and Naima? Im so lucky! My godmother's wedding was nice, hectic, but nice. The bridal party was relatively large, i think 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, and there was a wedding planner and a matron of honor who believed she was the wedding planner. You can imagine my headache as the MC of the reception (yeah, I know right...i didnt know what to do, but I havent been to that many weddings to know...I dont think I want one of those) trying to take direction from the planner AND the matron of honor. Plus it was hot, and the bride was trying to please everyone. Just hectic. Glad I ddint have straight hair. I would have sweat it out. However, the upside to the weekend was that I got to spend some time with Dionne, and I got to hang out with mom. I love hanging out with mom. She'll be here at the end of the month...Labor Day weeeknd. Were going to cook-out and barbeque. And It looks like some of my friends will be here so they can all meet mom.

Speaking of friends, Im supposed to be going on spring break with my girls. I know right? Here I am, this will be year number 2 of a spring break adventure with my girls. In undergrad I usually just went home...so this should be interesting. Were looking at an actual trip, cruise or something and Cachet is spearheading the planning. Im excited.

So I think that may be it for awhile. Generally when I am absentee for long periods of time something is wrong. Well, Im without cable and internet at my new place right now, so thats why Ive been absentee. However, I have had so much work to do that I needed to not play on the internet or vege on my new couch. I think I could live without cable. I wont, but I could if I absolutely have to.

I digress.

Im running off now, I should be back sooner than later, and wish me luck on my final. Happy Wednesday!

xoxox

No comments: