8.03.2005

Notification, not negotiation

I almost forgot to mention this! That in itself must be a sign, but last week I broke it off with Him. It had already ended for me, and I was bold enough to indicate on my facebook page that I was in a relationship with someone else (William). I still have no idea if in his mind everything was copasetic (sp?). When I texted him (yes, I sent a text message...no need to run up my daytime minutes or anything), he initally was like "okay" and I thought i had got off easy. Then he wanted to chat about it and got kinda miffed that I didnt. We had gone through the long drawn out dialogue before, and generally that was how he got me to change my mind. I can honestly say that the one time I felt forced to break up with him was the first time I did it. I didnt want to, and was hurt. All these other times (too many to count) I was generally just dissatisfied. This time, I was bored, tired of the excuses and the empty promises of coming to Athens. The kisses didnt mean anything, and I was uninterested in having sex with him. It was over, emotionally and physically for me months ago.

Im not really sure those pieces ever came back.

So I calmly and politely let him know that I no longer wanted to be together and that my life was going on. Notification not negotiation.

xoxox

No comments: