1.06.2009

(Almost) Too Good to Be True Tuesdays: 1/6/09

I shop quite a bit. Note, I didn't say buy (I do my fair share of that too), but I spend alot of time just seeing whats out there...shopping. Frequent shopping is the best way to gauge whether "sales" are in fact saving me some money.

Anyway, often I score things for an obscene deal. So much so that you think its almost too good to be true how little I paid for something so great. Hence (Almost) Too Good to Be True Tuesdays was born. I cant promise I'll have something every Tuesday, but I should have something for you fairly regularly.

Today's subject is something near and dear to my heart. Something for the kitchen! I ♥ pots and pans, dishes, glassware, and especially bakeware. Yesterday I popped into Pier 1 Imports to see if they had anything worthy of purchasing in the after holiday sales (by far one of the best times to buy something), and what did I find? These lovelies:I love for things to coordinate rather than match (yes, I know sometimes matching and coordinating are one in the same), so when I saw these, I had to have them. The best part? A set of four only set me back $4.98. Yes, folks. Each one was about $1.25 before sales tax! Too good to be true? Almost.

I picked up 2 sets...for less than $10. The PHI and I need nice stemware since we both consume quite a bit of wine, and now we are on our way. We'll probably supplement them with some simple margarita and martini glasses. Mom swears she got hers from DollarTree. Anyway, these glasses were love at first sight, and when I realized they were in the holiday collection, and therefore 75% off, I fell in love again.

If you're interested, you can see them on the website here. But if you're really interested, what you need to do is pop by your nearest Pier 1 post haste. I imagine they wont be there much longer!

No comments: