1.22.2009

Dear Shonda,

You know I am one of your biggest fans. We go way back. But I have to admit that I was a little resistant when I found out that Private Practice was moving to hang out with Greys on Thursdays. You don't know this, but Thursdays tend to be really long days for me, and by the time either of your lovely shows come on my emotions are a bit...wrecked.

Its okay. That is not your fault. I do too much alot of the time. Not enough hours in the day yadda yadda yadda.

However, I will attribute a couple grievances to you, as follows:

1. I CANNOT do both shows with ethical dilemmas on the same night. I understand that these are fictional doctors, and that this stuff happens every day, but I get both of your shows on Thursday and they are not allowed to happen on the same day in TV world.

2. I cannot do shows with brides. Period. They are off limits. Brides with a mom that means to world to her and no dad...DEFINITELY OFF limits. Hits too close to home. Cant deal.

That was all I wanted to discuss. I'm not sure how I feel about that crossover you have planned for 2 weeks from tonight, but I will hold on judgement until I view them....probably with a glass of wine. Or maybe I'll just DVR them.

No matter. Like I started, I love your work. I have been a faithful fan throughout your ABC tenure. And I understand if there is nothing you can/are willing to do about my grievances. Just because were cool like that, I thought you'd want to know.

Your fabulously loyal fan,
Miss Patti

No comments: