1.11.2009

Signs of Breadmaking

I just read my third post today about baking bread. Three posts. Today!

I know its a sign.

Couple that with:
1. My filching Mom's Barefoot Contessa cookbook specifically because I wanted her Honey White Bread recipe (Merry Christmas* - lol)
2. The fact that learning/trying to bake bread from scratch (like, requires-yeast-no-breadmaker kind of bread) is on my list of things to bake before 2010.

See, toldya it was a sign. And yes, I have promptly bookmarked said recipes. Now, when am I going to have time to try bread. And can I get a few volunteers to taste test?

No Dani, I'm not mailing you and B.Kakes samples. You have to sample while they're warm...in person :)


*so for the most part, my Mama rarely purchases a Christmas gift for me in the traditional sense. What usually happens is that I come home for the holidays and leave with several of her things. After agreeing to let me have them, she usually says "Merry Christmas." Ever since I got into cooking (approx 2 years ago), she has gifted me a cookbook (or 2) and something for the kitchen. This year's take: my Barefoot Contessa cookbook, a Food and Wine Best of the Best Cookbook and a GreenPan Grill Pan. I have the best mom ever!

No comments: