6.19.2005

Happy Sunday!

Sooo I almost forgot it was Father's Day.

I have been trying to remind myself every day this week that Father's Day was approaching. But for what? Its not like this is a holiday I particularly celebrate. In fact, its been historically so uneventful that I cant even tell you what I did last year on it. I wanna say that mom made Granddaddy a pie or something, and we took it down there. But come to think of it, Im not sure that happened either...maybe that was the year before.

But anyways, Im sititing here importing music, trying to at least not be a Scrooge about the day- because frankly, its just another day for me. Yes, I wholeheartly support the institution of Fatherhood, and yes, someyears, I even tell Mommy "Happy Fathers Day!" for kicks, but when it comes to the actual celebrating of my own sperm donor, I um... (how else can I say this) tend to forget its Father's Day.

For those of you out there who do celebrate, enjoy the day. Dads, you deserve it, because I can imagine that Fatherhood is very similar to Motherhood...and you cant put the babies back once they get here (lol).

...and for the rest of us: Happy Sunday!

xoxox

No comments: