10.30.2005

Ranting is good for the soul

Disclaimer: I'm kinda thinky tonight (thanks Sarah), so I'm just going to deposit a few things that are on my mind right now. I'll stop back by later to survey the damage.

~

First things first: MOM has POWER!!!

My mommy has been without power since the hurricane came. Good thing it came back when it did because she is expected at work tomorrow. At least now, if she has to iron or if she has to do anything that requires power, she can. And maybe not be so salty about having to go back to work.

Oh wait, maybe thats me.

~

Yesterday I took some people off my buddy list. I know, I know, I just talked about a few days ago how I spread love through IMs. So, no. I dont really know what it means that I took someone off my buddy list. I'm sure it has something to do with me being tired of seeing their screen names on my buddy list. So, instead of incensing everytime they signed on or off (since I have the useful notification), I just removed them. In the event they IM me, I will recognize the screen name. And in the meantime, I'm much happier not having to feel their IM presence when I dont feel like a part of their lives.

~


Fall Break was marvelous. I really REALLY needed that break from school. However, since its over, I am sad. I could go for another 24 hours or so. Perhaps I should just be satisfied that I got an extra hour last night (that by the way I totally forgot about). But I'm not. I want another day.

~

What do you do when you feel pressured to get over your ex, but at the same time still fully committed to make it work? I know you shouldnt feel both of those things but sometimes I just dont know how to feel. When I live in the moment, I feel like it is still me and him (together) against the world, trying to sort through a difficult time in our relationship. But then I flash back (using the Tivo in my mind) to the breakups and the frustrations. I swear, this is the hardest thing I have EVER had to do. This is a difficult relationship. I dont remember it being this hard prior to us declaring our undying love for each other, but it was also less filling (if that makes any sense).

I will say this though, loving someone unconditionally really speaks volumes. I'm not sure what it says, but it allows me to feel, allows me to heal, and allows me to understand in situations when I would be most likely to cut my loses and move on. I realize that falling in love happens. But staying in love, loving against all odds, loving against all advisement not to...thats a choice.

I choose to love. I love him. And in the name of the most basic algabraic equation (A=B, B=C, then A=C), I choose him.

I choose him. Wow.

Damn algebra....never really liked math, now I see why. Hmph!! We'll come back to this.

~

Thanks to Sarah, I am becoming quite a cook. I have sucesfully made a tasty pot of chilli, and a hearty pot of chicken soup/stew (stew because I LOVE lots of noodles...not so wild about the broth part- lol). I love Sarah. I have the best neighbor ever.

~

I dont think I like being put on the spot. I think its one thing to be prepared to be impromptu (lol) or rather to speak extemporaneously. But tonight was no such situation. Not only was I put on the spot, but I got to come after like 7 other people had spoken and essentially said the same things. Unfortunately, my experience isnt quite different from other minority students here at UGA. And the ones that had some stand out experiences had already spoken. I think in my random rant I was able to impart something interesting..(i think), but I would have been just as comfortable sitting at my table, sending text messages to WIlliam and Hil, and basically not paying a whole lot of attention and chatting with the prospective students. I hate to say this, but the banquet was rather boring. Maybe because I am already a graduate student with other kinda (non) important things to do, I was really anxious to get out of there.

Wait, who are we kidding? I knew I was missing Charmed, and I neded to see the Wives and the staff at Seattle Grace (Grey's Anatomy). I even had time to stop by Kroger and get home just in time to see that the Wives were a repeat. The nerve of ABC!!

Alright, going now. Enough ranting for tonight. If ranting were considered a legitimate form of exercise, I would be skinny. LOL.

xoxox

No comments: